10. All-American Sundae – Plaza Ice Cream Parlor, Magic Kingdom. I know you can get ice cream sundaes anywhere, but there’s nothing like sitting at one of those white parlor tables, enjoying a cool, creamy bowl of ice cream covered with hot fudge and peanut butter drizzle, watching the crowds pass by on Main Street USA!
9. Croissant Berry Pudding – Sunshine Seasons, Land Pavilion, Epcot. This is the ultimate in bread pudding and you can even have it for breakfast! This is a rich bread pudding made with buttery croissants and laced with blueberries.
8. Pain Au Chocolat (Chocolate Croissant) – Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie, France Pavilion, Epcot. There are several places around WDW where you can get ‘croissants,’ but most of them resemble the texture you’d find in a Danish, rather than a croissant. If you’re looking for the real thing, Les Halles is the place to get it!
7. Giant Cookie – Writer’s Stop, Disney’s Hollywood Studios. I know, you can get giant cookies at lots of places, but these are extra good. There’s something about the texture that’s soft without feeling under-baked. The big cookies come in chocolate chip (my fave), sugar, peanut butter and white chocolate macadamia. Note: Writer's Stop is scheduled to be closed for the construction of the new Star Wars and Toy Story Lands. For the time being it is serving as a spot to grab appetizers and drinks and may become a waiting area for the Sci-Fi Dine In restaurant next door.
6. Croissant Jambon Fromage -- – Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie, France Pavilion, Epcot. If you’re getting a sense that I like croissants, you’re right! I had to include something savory on this list and here it is – you can get a ham and cheese croissant sandwich for a snack credit!
5. Caramel Corn – Karamell Kuche, Germany Pavilion, Epcot. You may think you’ve had caramel corn before, but this is not your run-of-the-mill Cracker Jack stuff! Made fresh on site, this is sweet and savory (kind of!) and crunchy goodness!
4. Chocolate-Covered Sea Salt Caramels -- Karamell Kuche, Germany Pavilion, Epcot. The name says it all – what’s not to love?!
2. Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich – Plaza Ice Cream Parlor, Magic Kingdom. One of my family’s favorite things is getting one of these to share while waiting for the parade or fireworks. We used to get them from the Main Street Bakery before it became a Starbuck’s. Thank goodness we can still get them from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor. They take two fresh-from-the-oven big chocolate chip cookies and slather rich ice cream in between. If you’re trying to down this without sharing, you better eat quickly before the ice cream melts!
I’m sure everyone has favorite in this category that didn’t quite make it on this list: Cupcakes of all sorts throughout the parks and resorts, funnel cakes, chocolate-dipped fruit…and I haven’t even mentioned snacks to be had at the Epcot Food & Wine or Flower & Garden Festivals! Let me know you’re favorites!